Followers

Sunday 15 November 2009

Something A Bit Different



 Something a bit different from me today. It is my dearest Mam's 75th birthday on Tuesday so I wanted to make her something a bit more elegant rather than my usual cutsie style of cards




A bit out of my comfort zone here but I did a bit of blog hopping for inspiration and I came across a beautiful card..... see here...... by Julie of 'Julies Inkspot' which inspired me to make this card
If you have never visited Julie's blog then you are in for a treat as her work is breathtaking!!



I used white Core-Dinations Card stock which I have inked up with chalk ink, a dovecraft stamp which I have had for ages and never used, sentiment printed on the computer & punched flowers and pearls

14 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Wow hun, this is stunning! I bet mam was thrilled and I hope she's had a good birthday. Am impressed by the depth of your embossing, looks fabulous. Hugs, Squirrel xx

Mandy said...

Hi Janet,really stunning card...love the embossing and the stamp is gorgeous..sure your mum will love it..
Mandy xx

pinky said...

Love the soft pink colours and the little embossed dot. Your Mam will love it, very elegant Janet.
Pinky

Jenni said...

Beautiful card - she's bound to love it!
Jenni x

Christine said...

Hi Janet its stunning mum will love it..The stamp looks very much like the Laura Ashley paper..I have....great card..nice one about Foxy...LOL see update..

Hugs Christine xx

Unknown said...

Hi Janet,
wow, what can I say - this card takes my breath away - it is stunning!! I bet your mam loved it. Chalks are so versatile aren't they - you have used yours brilliantly here.
Love it.
Hugs
Dawn xx

Kat said...

Janet I think your Mam will be absolutely delighted with her card. It is stunning. Thanks for mentioning Julie's blog. I had a look and her flowers are amazing.

Kat x

Dragonlady said...

This is absolutely stunning Janet and your Mum is sure to love it.

Hugs Ali x

amanda stokes said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Janet,so delicate and pretty
hugs amanda x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

HiJanet
A beautiful card,
Hugs Dianne xx

Poppy said...

aww gorgeous card, cant go wrong with a bit of pink, I'm sure your Mam will love it.
poppy

Nannieflash said...

Oh Janet that card is beautiful and your mam will absolutely love it. With love and hugs Shirleyxxx

ribenaruby said...

Beautiful card so subtle and soft. Love the look of the embossing and chalk inks, pretty card,I'm sure your mum will love it Janet!

Pop's Cards said...

This is stunning i cant beleiev i would say this to a card without a cutie one but i love this one so much, i bet your Mam love it too, big hugs pops x